Pigmented version of standard product. Available in 16 standard colors.*
Polyurethane 501 Pigmented High Performance Coating: Features and Usage
Polyurethane 501 is a high solids, two component, water-based aliphatic polyurethane. This unique material provides performance properties equal to conventional solvent-based catalyzed urethanes without the associated health and environmental problems. Polyurethane 501 is VOC compliant in California. It offers substantial performance improvements over first generation catalyzed water-based polyurethanes, including higher film build capabilities, improved chemical resistance and resistance to hot tire staining.
Polyurethane 501 gives hard, durable coatings that feature good gloss, easy cleanability and superior abrasion resistance. Resistance to yellowing from U.V. light is excellent. For exterior desert applications, a special UV absorber package can be incorporated to ensure long-term chalk resistance and gloss retention.
Polyurethane 501 has been developed as a high performance finish coat for various seamless flooring, coating, and architectural concrete applications where odor cannot be tolerated. It is the ideal top coat for areas that require maximum gloss retention, ease of cleaning, and resistance to heavy foot traffic. Typical areas of application would include clean rooms, hospitals, concrete counter tops and high traffic retail areas. Polyurethane 501 is also suitable for aircraft hangars, automotive repair facilities and garage floors. It is available in a satin finish.
Hydroxl functional resin dispersion crosslinked with aliphatic polyisocyanate.
16 standard colors available (see color palette above).
- Material must be mixed mechanically for proper performance.
- Application rate must be kept above 200 sq. ft. per gallon to avoid curing bubbles that occur in thicker applications.
- Applications over textured surfaces such as trowel-knockdown polymer concrete must be done with a 3/4” nap roller and pulled tightly to avoid leaving excessive product in recessed areas.
- Work life is considerably shortened over 90° F.
- Do not apply material if the humidity is over 90% and ventilation is poor. Improper cure will result.
- Polyurethane 501 Data Sheet
- Polyurethane 501 Part A MSDS
- Polyurethane 501 Part B MSDS
- Polyurethane 501 Pigmented Part A MSDS
- Standard Color Chart